1. I didn’t have an addiction to buying cute sweaters off every sale rack I walk by.
2. I didn’t have an ache in my heart when I lie in bed at night wishing he was in the next room tucked sweetly in bed.
3. I didn’t know my heart could carry love so deeply.
4. I didn’t wonder how on earth my heart will handle it the first time his chubby fingers touch my face.
5. I didn’t feel each night at dinner, each family story time, each cuddle in bed with the kids, each trip to the store… that someone is missing.
6. I didn’t have a clue how much the Father loved me until I began to love Aiden. He has taken my weak human love for this precious boy and has instructed my heart tenderly into the knowledge of His great love for me.